Here in the Pacific Northwest, skiing and snowboarding are the king of winter outdoor activities. The most dedicated of snow bums find it most adventurous and cost effective to sleep in their cars or take an RV up to the mountains. There is a whole culture of RVing mountain lovers and a large number of amazing ski resorts with RV lots. One of the best ways toin the winter is to go on a low budget ski trip.
With all the great mountain resorts and ski destinations in your backyard, skiing can get expensive fast. A night in a hotel or ski cottage, a lift ticket, food, etc. add up rapidly. It can be enough to keep some snow lovers from hitting the slopes as often as they would like in a season. However, there is a way you can get out on the mountain more often and enjoy your favorite winter sports, and that is to save money by renting an RV from NW Adventure Rentals and heading up to a ski resort with RV space.
We have listed the best Northwest Ski resorts for RVing.
- Crystal Mountain- The RV spots here are very popular; we recommend booking one very early to get a power hookup site. If you can’t get a power site there are a few non-power sites available. Sites with hookups cost $35 and non-power sites cost $25 per night.
- Mt. Baker- The upper lot is open to RVs and is free! There are no hookups here but you can’t beat that price. Check in with the admin office before planning a trip to see if there is space.
- Summit at Snoqualmie- Stay multiple nights and get a discount. One night parking costs $15 and two or more costs $10 per night. Get in early; spots are limited and there are no power hookups.
- Stevens Pass- There is room for 70 RVs in Washington’s most popular ski area. They are on a first come first serve basis and cost $40 per night. You can also get a season parking pass for $1000 but there is no guarantee of space.
- Mt. Hood Meadows- There are just 14 sites available on a first come first served basis. No hookups but also no extra charge on top of regular parking fees for an overnight RV stay.
- Hoodoo- This is very organized and probably one of the nicest ski RV areas. There are 32 sites starting at $30. They have hookups, and bathrooms with showers open 24/7.
- Mt. Bachelor- A small fee of $20 gets you an RV site with showers nearby.
- Willamette Pass- Get there fast and be lucky to snag one of the 10 spots with hookups for $20 a night. Sites with out hookups are a budget friendly $10 per night.
- Schweitzer Mountain- Located in gorgeous Northern Idaho, parking costs $20 a night or $299 for a season pass. The sites do not have hookups but they are very convenient for skiers who want to be close to the resort.