Spring Break time is here. There is no better time for an RV road trip. The northwest has one of the best camping “playgrounds” in the world. There are so many outdoor activities to do and breathtakingly beautiful places to explore. There are so many great destinations within Washington, Idaho, and Oregon that you can see more than one within your spring break.
Check out these great northwest RV locations for your spring break family RV adventure.
- The Olympic Discovery Trail “ODT” stretches 130 miles from Port Townsend to the Ocean going through Sequim Bay State Park- a great place to pull in the RV for the night. Enjoy gorgeous day hikes through the rainforest, kayak through the bay, or discover the great small towns in the area.
- Take in a little culture and education without your kids complaining by visiting the Jamestown S’Klallam Tribal Center and the House of Myths. Catch the carving of Native American totem poles that can be found all around the area.
- Visit the Olympic National Park full of moss draped trees in the rain forest, rocky rugged yet still beautiful northwest ocean beaches, and the largest unmanaged herd of Roosevelt elk in the world or one of the most amazing waterfalls in the state.
- Hop on a ferry in Port Angeles with your passport and take in Victoria B.C. This iconic Canadian destination is full of history and Victorian beauty that many people love.
- One of the most popular camping destinations in the northwest, check out Fort Stevens State Park 10 miles west of Astoria. Enjoy sandy beaches, a famous shipwreck, and miles of cycling and hiking trails.
- Stop by the popular town of Seaside and walk down the ocean front promenade or fly a kite in the breezy beach. Let the kids go crazy in the Funland Arcade full of hundreds of games, bumper cars, and the family fun game of Fascination.
- If you are looking for ocean front camping try the campground at Jetty Fishery Marina and RV Park in Manzanita. Take a horse ride down the beach!
- Check out the Oregon Coast Aquarium for the full experience of sea life along the Oregon Coast. Touch star fish, kiss a sea lion, shake hands with an Octopus, watch otters snack on crabs, or stand in a tunnel while sharks swim all around you.
Enjoy Some Last Snow Runs in Boise
Just 40 miles outside of Boise is Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area. Just a half hour from the action is the Boise Riverside RV Park not only close to the mountain; it is also just minutes from all the amenities in Boise.
There are beautiful and unique locations all around us here in the northwest and spring break is a wonderful time to discover new northwest gems. Don’t have an RV? Rent an RV near Seattle at Northwest Adventure Rentals.
For more tips on RV camping or information on RV rental please feel free to browse our website or contact us anytime. NW Adventure Rentals has two luxurious fleets of motorhomes and travel trailers, conveniently located in the Pacific Northwest at our Seattle location and Portland location! Let us help you have a great outdoor vacation!