RV Traveling Hacks to Know
Dec 18, 2016
Nothing is more fun than getting in an RV and heading for an open mountain road, or coastal highway, or anywhere for that matter. Below we have compiled a list of Rv traveling “hacks” to make your trip even better:
- -Slip glassware into individual koozies (foam drink holders) before loading them into cabinets to prevent them from breaking when they jostle while driving.
- -We have some pretty spacious RVs but they are not as big as a house. To save some space use a collapsible laundry basket as a waste bin. You can empty it before heading to your next destination and hold it flat again.
- -Bring a clothesline and some clothespins with you. If you do laundry and need to line dry items you can. Or if you have wet bathing suits and towels a clothesline is a great way to dry them out instead of stuffing them away wet.
- -Find a small magnetic dry erase board and place it on the refrigerator. This is a great way to keep emergency and safety info on hand. You can also post the day’s menu as well as daily activities. If you don’t want to spend the money on a magnetic white board grab a picture frame not in use, slip some decorative paper inside that isn’t too busy, and use the glass as a dry erase message center.
- -Set up an extra hand washing station, because when you are out enjoying the wilderness you cant wash your hands enough. Grab some pantyhose and put a bar of soap in one leg. You can tie the pantyhose to the campsite water spicket and have an instant hand washing station.
- -Save space in the cupboards by storing any dry goods in oddly shaped packages in square shaped reusable containers. This way they will nicely work into the cabinets like little Tetris cubes.
- -Prevent the kiddos from spilling their drinks especially in the middle of driving with some glad press ‘n seal wrap placed over the top of the cup and inserting a straw.
- -Keep activities close while driving with shower caddies suction cupped to the windows next to your children’s seats.
- -Keep flies out of your space with a 50/50 solution of Pine Sol and water. Wipe down a table with it to keep flies away from an outdoor meal.
- --Keep more dirt outside by setting up a shoe bin and a tarp or some astro turf right outside the door. Have everyone remove their shoes before entering the RV. You will be surprised how much cleaning this will save.
We hope you enjoy your next RV trip. IF you would like more information about renting an RV for your next trip please browse our website or contact us anytime.